Friday, March 26, 2010

Unity Village:User Experience

When thinking about the design of our space we wanted to think about how the user would feel in there as well. To take account of all the demographics I want to show 3 different types of users experiences throughout.

[72 year old elderly man in wheel chair]
"As I wheel myself through the entrance way I am greeted by a spacious reception area that points me right in the direction to the convenient store and the cafe. There is enough space for me to fit through the opening of the lounge to make my way outside to the porch. One of my favorite things is nature and with the tables and chairs that line the porch I am able to watch downtown life and the garden below. The cafe draws me in with its inviting entrance and feeling. The colors are cool and relaxing making my mind at rest and find peace.The large communal spaces allow me to meet with my neighbor down the hall and catch up while drinking a cup of tea."

[6 year old girl]
"I bounce from comfy chair to comfy chair wanting to try them all out. Im running wild in the open cafe trying to find my mom. While she is with her friend having lunch I get to use the big kids computers and my mom still has an eye on me. I am amazed at how many different cakes and goodies are in the big display cases at the counter, I want to try them all! There is a cool breeze blowing through the open doors and windows, its a perfect summer day.

[42 year old mother who works there]
"Living in a city can be hard trying to commute to your job, but luckily all I have to do is walk downstairs to the convenient store where I work. My day starts off by taking the stairs down to the first floor. When I reach the bottom I am directed to walk down the long hallway past all the offices and to the convenient store on the left. I am awaken by the aroma of the food cooking in the cafe and get a cup of coffee to start me off. I then have to make sure the cafe is all stocked up, and if its not I find what I need in the storage closet. It is fun to work here because all of my customers are my neighbors so I get to create connections with my community."

No comments: